3 steps to get your Trademark registered internationally under WIPO through India
Updated: Jan 8
Step 1 – Execute Form TM-48 for Authorisation of Agent/Attorney in a matter or proceeding under the Trademark Act.
Step 2 – Filling of Form TM- A for Application for registration of a trademark with requisite fees.
Particulars Required along with the Form –
· Copy of Logo
· Signed Form-48.
· Incorporation Certificate or Partnership Deed.
· Identity Proof of Signatory.
· Address Proof of Signatory.
§ Pre-Condition to file an application for international registration of trademark under the Madrid Protocol through India, must be able to meet one of the following three criteria –
• The applicant should be a national of India, or
• The applicant should be domiciled in India, or
• The applicant should have a real and effective business or commercial establishment in India.
· The Applicant must also have a national trade mark application or registration of a trademark with the Indian Trade Marks Registry.
Step 3 – The International Application must be submitted on Form MM 2(E) as per instructions attached therewith, on line and through the system.
Note: Relevant legal provisions to proceed further for International Application for Trade Mark under the Madrid Protocol
· Section 36D of the Trade Marks Act 1999
· Rule 67D of the Trade Marks Rules 2002
· Article 2 & 3 of the Madrid Protocol
· Rule 9 of the Common Regulation
For any query regarding the process of trademark application, please feel free to get in touch with us at +91-9953955513 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org